Ma Jun Receives Prince Claus Award

Ma Jun Receives Prince Claus Award
Chinese environmentalist Ma Jun receives the Prince Claus Award at the Dutch Royal Palace in Amsterdam on Dec. 6, 2017

March 2013 Environmental Field Trip to Israel

March 2013 Environmental Field Trip to Israel
Maryland students vist Israel's first solar power plant in the Negev desert as part of a spring break field trip to study environmental issues in the Middle East

Workshop with All China Environment Federation

Workshop with All China Environment Federation
Participants in March 12 Workshop with All China Environment Federation in Beijing

Winners of Jordanian National Moot Court Competition

Winners of Jordanian National Moot Court Competition
Jordanian Justice Minister Aymen Odah presents trophy to Noura Saleh & Niveen Abdel Rahman from Al Al Bait University along with US AID Mission Director Jay Knott & ABA's Maha Shomali

Monday, February 11, 2008

China Move, Casebook Update & Chile Conference

This is the last time for several months that I will be making a post from the United States. I am moving to China on Thursday to begin my semester teaching as a Fulbright scholar at the China University of Political Science and Law. I expect that many of my future postings will deal with my experiences in China, like the blog Tseming Yang maintained when teaching as a Fulbright scholar at Tsinghua Unversity during the fall semester 2005.

Tseming and I met briefly in Baltimore on Friday to discuss the progress of our Global Environmental Law casebook project. We had a lengthy conference call with the editor Aspen Publishing has assigned to us. I am delighted to have an editor who I have previously worked well with on various projects.

Valentina Duran from the University of Chile’s Center for Environmental Law was kind enough to send me a photo displayed of her wearing a Maryland Law softball cap at Laguna Biscanti near San Pedro de Atacama in northern Chile. She proposes that we try to collect photos of the hat in as many far flung locations as possible. Valentina’s Center will be hosting a conference on “Sustainable Development: Governance and Law” from June 25-27, 2008. My proposal to prepare a paper on “The Emergence of Global Environmental Law” for the conference has been approved. While I am not certain whether I will be able to attend the conference in person (it’s a very long way from Beijing), I will submit a Spanish translation of the paper for the publication that the Center will be distributing at the conference.

No comments: