Ma Jun Receives Prince Claus Award

Ma Jun Receives Prince Claus Award
Chinese environmentalist Ma Jun receives the Prince Claus Award at the Dutch Royal Palace in Amsterdam on Dec. 6, 2017

March 2013 Environmental Field Trip to Israel

March 2013 Environmental Field Trip to Israel
Maryland students vist Israel's first solar power plant in the Negev desert as part of a spring break field trip to study environmental issues in the Middle East

Workshop with All China Environment Federation

Workshop with All China Environment Federation
Participants in March 12 Workshop with All China Environment Federation in Beijing

Winners of Jordanian National Moot Court Competition

Winners of Jordanian National Moot Court Competition
Jordanian Justice Minister Aymen Odah presents trophy to Noura Saleh & Niveen Abdel Rahman from Al Al Bait University along with US AID Mission Director Jay Knott & ABA's Maha Shomali

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Parallel Blogs and the "Great Firewall of China"

The reason I run parallel blogs at this site and at www.globalenvironmentallaw.com is because sometimes one site or the other is blocked when I am on the Chinese mainland due to the government's "Great Firewall of China."  Earlier this week when I was having dinner with friends in Beijing one complained that she cannot view my website from China.  She was referring to this site because apparently blogspot is currently blocked on the mainland.  I told her to use www.globalenvironmentallaw.com instead, which is not currently blocked.  I am currently in Hong Kong, which is outside the government firewall so I am able to make this post.  But I am flying to Shanghai later today and I will be in China until Wednesday May 8.  If you do not see my regular Sunday post this week, go to my parallel site at www.globalenvironmentallaw.com, which I am confident I will be able to use even when I am inside the Chinese firewall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Using the proxy is the only way, otherwise these sites are always difficult to go on.